Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Peabody Ducks

We headed over to The Peabody Hotel this morning to watch the ducks march into the fountain. We had been reading "John Phillip Duck" (by one of my favorite children's authors, Patricia Polacco) to them so they'd have some background knowledge before we saw the ducks.

The lobby was slammed with people, but we still got great spots to watch the ducks. It was over pretty quickly actually. Those ducks don't just waddle their way down the red carpet, they GO! :-) Glad Jason filmed it!


The lobby was spectacular, so beautiful! If only I could have fresh flowers like these in my place of lodging every day! :-)



Waiting on the ducks..."Hey Lucy, want Mommy to take a picture of you?"

Cooperating...

And then not...
LOL!


Here come the ducks!







Afther the show, we headed just down the alleyway to go eat at Rendezvous, but found out it's closed on Sunday :-( No worries though, we'll eat there tomorrow before we had back to Huntsville.

We chose Huey's for our lunch spot (I had read it was super "kid-friendly"), and the kids had the best time ever drawing on the walls. This is one of those restaurants where people have been writing on anything and everything around. The kids thought this was the coolest thing ever, and we thought all restaurants should do this! :-)




We back at the house for naps, and very much enjoying the silence. Who knows, I may even take a marathon nap like I did yesterday (I dozed happily in dreamland from about 1 until 5 when Jason woke me up, worried I would sleep until daybreak the next day if he didn't :-)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys are having a great time. Hmm... maybe I should take a nap tomorrow.. :)

    ReplyDelete