Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Meals- Weight Watchers Recipe

So, my Monday Meals will now be WW meals, because I now am following that plan. I started exactly one week ago today, and today was my first weigh-in. Drumroll please....

I lost 2.8 pounds!!!! Hooray!

So here's a recipe from my week 2 booklet, and the picture (which unfort. you can't see b/c I don't have a scanner) looks so YUMMY!

Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Hero Sandwich

2 sprays Olive Oil cooking spray
8 oz. turkey sausage (withy herbs and red peppers or other seasoning), sliced into 1/2 inc pices
1 tsp EVOO
1 T. minced garlic
1 medium vidalia onion, thinly sliced
1 medium sweet pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
1 T. balsamic vinegar
8 oz. Italian bread, one medium loaf

Coat a large nonstick skillet with spray, and set over medium heat. Satue sausage until browned, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate to keep warm.

Add oil to same skillet, heat up, and add garlic. saute about 30 seconds; add onion and saute for 3 more minutes. Add peppers and saute until veggies are softened, about 6-8 more minutes.

Stir in vinegar, and then return sausage to skillet. toss to combine.

Split bread lengthwise and fill with mixture. Cut into 4 equal pieces and serve. Yields 1/4 of hero per serving.

This is wirht 5 points per serving. (To give you an idea...my daily points allowance is 26 points), so this along with a healthy side for dinner would be a good usage of points.



I started WW after coming to the conclusion that I cannot loose the "baby weight" on my own. I need accountability. I think about 5 pounds stuck around after I had Lucy, and although I got down to within 4 pounds of my prepregnancy weight after Jack, somehow in the last year, I've gained probably 8 or so pounds.

We are looking forward to having another baby, but I'm insisting for myself that I get back to what my weight was before I got pregnant with Lucy. Then I will feel better about getting pregnant and not starting at a higher weight than I'm comfortable with.

So, when I started WW, I had 17 lbs to go to get to that weight. Yikes! But, now I'm 2.8 pounds closer, and it's a huge motivation for me! I'm looking forward to feeling better about myself, being healthier, and improving my self-discipline, but mostly I'm looking forward to getting pregnant again and (God-willing) bringing another baby into our family.

Let me know if you try the recipe! Hope you enjoy!

1 comment: