Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Lucy's 3-year photoshoot

Lucy turns three next week! Wow, three! She is growing into a simply amazing kid!

My friend, Ashely, has a natural knack for photography - and she was looking for more kiddos to gain some experience with - so, I asked her to photograph Lucy to document her turning three.

She took these pictures at her friend's house over in the Dug Hill area. The funniest part of this whole thing was that Lucy - who is usually very eager to have pictures taken of her - saw a red powerwheels jeep in the driveway the minute we pulled up to the house. And as far as she was concerned, there could be nothing more important than playing with that jeep.

So, understanding that the subject was already a temperamental three-year-old, and add to it that all Lucy wanted to do was be done with taking pictures, I think Ashley got some amazing pictures. I don't know how she did it. I think she has a lot of natural talent with photography!



Here are some of my very favorite pictures:




different color tone































bolder color

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! GREAT job Ashley! I tried to pick a favorite but I love so many of them. I really like the one of her twirling and the one above that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful - I think the outfit is the best part, KELLY THE SEAMSTRESS!!! Glad you like :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics!!! Good job, Ashley! And I do love that outfit!!! I really, really want to make one too! It is the fabric that makes it. Good eye, Kelly. I must say... those blue eyes and sweet blond hair is precious as well! You are so good to make sure you have tons of pics of your kids. I need to be more proactive about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, Lucy is so beautiful!!!! I love these pictures - they turned out fabulously! Looks like she had a wonderful birthday! Wish I could have been there to celebrate - princess style!!! Lots of love :)
    Christina

    ReplyDelete