Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Friday, November 20, 2009

Old Macdonald had a donkey, an emu, a bunny, and a porcupine, E-I-E-I-O

Now that you have that lovely tune stuck in your head, it will provide nice background music for today's post ;-)

We headed out to Old Macdonald's Petting Zoo this morning with Tiffany and her girls as well as her friend, Lindsey and her two kids who were visiting from Illinois. As soon as we arrived, the kids immediately darted off to the play area where old Little Tykes Cozy Coupes and sun-faded playhouses sat waiting patiently. Of course... we pay to see the animals, and they want to play with the old, plastic toys...

After some prompting, we managed to get the kids wandering near a row of small goats and one very loud donkey who showed us just what the notorious "hee-haw" donkey call actually sounds like. It was pretty funny, and it definitely freaked out the kiddos. On to the safer area where the bunnies were located. Except Jack just tried to grab them, so they scurried away from anyone approaching. We saw a porcupine, which was pretty neat as well as the pigeons with "lace" feathers-very cool. The mommy deer and her baby were sweet, and the kids spent a while feeding those two. And then we ended our trip at the play area, of course.

But my favorite part of the trip was when Lucy went pee -- in Tiffany's portable potty which she set up in her trunk (very cool product, see here). One would think a little girl just learning how to do her business might be a little freaked out by the surroundings, but Lucy dropped her drawers and did her business without any hesitation. It's been another accident-free day and she even pooped in order to get a smore for dessert tonight :-)


This is so "jack"



He found a friend...



And here's Jack scaling the fence around the donkey cage...(just kidding, although that wouldn't have surprised me all that much ;-)



And just for fun, here's a picture from our visit last Fall when it was just me and my little girl...so small!

No comments:

Post a Comment