Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ballerina Bow Holders

Such a fun project! I've seen these at Twice Upon a Time, and wanted it, but you know I would never pay the $40 and up these things go for. Plus, it's so much more fun for me to make things for Lucy!

Armed with our glue guns, fabric, and yards and yards of ribbon and trim, Tiffany and I got together Sunday afternoon to make bow holders for Lucy and Audrey. Aren't the fun!?!

What prompted this specific project is that I totally scored 30 bows for $25 from a lady on Craigslist! Oh yeah! And they're really well made, too. I've got her name and contact info if any of you are looking for affordable bows. In the store, a big bow can cost you $5 and up...that adds up pretty quickly when you're attempting to coordinate hair accessories for cute little outfits :-)

Here's Lucy's:
Here's Audrey's-don't you love the pink flowers!




What else is going on? Poor Lucy is pretty sick-been running a high fever since last night and she's just so out of it today. Very un-Lucy-like. She fell asleep in the car on the way back home from my dentist appt. I can't remember the last time she fell asleep in the car. Well, I shouldn't phrase it quite like that, considering I have a hard time remembering extended family members' names and what I ate for dinner last night. But it's been a long time...Poor baby is feeling pretty rotten. I miss her giggles, and I even kind of miss her shouting at Jack and Toby. It's just no fun when your child is sick :-(

Jack, on the other hand, is super smiley today and had the best time walking around the dentist's office, peeking in rooms and flirting with all the dental hygenists and patients. Lucy kept needing constant reassurance that the dentist wasn't doing anything to her mouth, just mommy's! :-)

It's just past noon, the kids are down, and I get to eat my lunch in total silence! Ahhhhh! Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are so cute!! Whenever I see cute things like this, I know why God gave me boys! I could never make those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun doing the bow holder ... so glad we did them! And WOW, Lucy does have a ton of bows! I put all of Audrey's on hers this morning and still have a *little* room.

    Hope Lucy feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly I am jealous of your girly crafts...what have you done for Jack? I need some ideas please!!! :) ;) :)

    ReplyDelete