Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

For anyone who needs some encouraging...


It's a tough week for some of my family members. And no doubt we all have things that we're struggling with - big or small:

lack of sleep, lack of patience, lack of willpower, too much whining, too much on our "to-do" list, too many unknowns, or too many people to please.


So today's post is just going to be some words of encouragement, spoken by wiser people than myself (or spoken by "no one knows who ;-)...

*********************************************************************************
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." - unknown



"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. "
~ Franklin D. Roosevelt


"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly."
~ Richard Bach



Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."


Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

A well-known "Winston" goodie:

"Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, give up. Never give up. Never give up. Never give up."

and my personal favorite:

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
~ Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment