It's been an interesting Saturday...a Saturday with events taking place that one would never expect to take place at the Martin Household on Gamedays:
1) early morning visit to the eye doctor
2) stop at the Pharmacy to get steroids for Jason's infected eyes
and most shockingly,
3) THE TV IS NOT ON, NOR ARE THERE ANY FOOTBALL RELATED SOUNDS COMING FROM THE COMPUTER, ADD'L TV'S SET UP IN THE DEN, OR RADIOS!
This can only mean I must take pity on my poor husband, for it MUST be serious if football is being sacrificed! :-)
Poor Jason. Here's what happened over the last two days that caused this mess: Jason wears his glasses most of the time, although he does have contacts. Well, it's been about two months since he last wore contacts, and they've been sitting in contact solution in a drawer. Because he was playing in a golf tournament yesterday, he put his contacts in so he could wear sunglasses (not sure why he was figuring sunglasses into the equation -it's been raining all week and rained yesterday, but whatever-). His eyes started bothering him while golfing, and by the end of the evening, I was convinced he had been drinking way more than he said he had, for his eyes were super bloodshot and red and awful looking.
Well, this morning, he was up out of bed super early looking for an optometrist that might be open Saturdays -he was in severe pain and unable to keep his eye open, although when they closed it was unbearable pain, he said. Turns out Schaffer Eye Center is the only place in Huntsville open on Saturdays (we asked why out of curiosity, and they said, "because everyone else is closed on Saturdays"...SMART business plan :-)
Anyhow, the doctor said there were two things wrong:
1) Jason's an AU fan (the ENTIRE staff was decked out in Bama gear :-) and
2) he has a severe infection in his eyes, which was treated with first, some morphine in his eyes (he really liked that!) and he's now on steroids and some sort of "goo" he gets to put in his eyes several times a day.
He's in bed right now, shades drawn, all lights and sounds off, wearing sunglasses (chuckle :-), looking pitiful. :-(
You may be wondering why contacts would cause this...Well, we learned today that if you store contacts in solution for an extended period of time, you still need to be cleaning them EVERY DAY. Taking them out, rubbing and rinsing them in solution and placing them back in storage, every day. Oooooohhhhhhhh... yes, you really do learn something every day...
Today we learned that some Bammers are even capable of becoming doctors...
Was that mean? :-) Just poking fun...WAR EAGLE!