Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lucy's first prayer

I know I already posted today, but this can't wait 'till tomorrow! At dinner tonight, Lucy said her first prayer ever, and it was so adorable...

We had already prayed to begin our meal, and shortly after, Lucy said, "Pray, pretend pray." So, we said okay, let's pray, and she said, "Thank you God for juice!" (lots of emphasis on "juice"!) We asked her if there was anything else she wanted to thank God for and she repeated, "Thank you God for juice!"

So there you have it...lucy's first prayer, and she's thankful for juice. We tried to explain to her that you don't ever have to "pretend" prayer as she called it; that every prayer, big or small, is real and God hears it. :-)

Lord, I thank you for my blossoming Lucy and gentle Jack, and for the countless smiles they bring to my face and heart each and every day!



1 comment: