Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Monday, February 22, 2010

monday meals and cutest swimsuit EVER ( worn by cutest girl ever, too :-)


So excited about my cutest find today!

Jack, Lucy, and I went to Randolph to have lunch with the teachers (I used to work there and I keep in touch with many of the teachers I worked with, as well as my old principal.)

Since we were close to Play It Again (a kids' consignment shop here in town I enjoy browsing through), I stopped by. I was hoping to find some spring/summer sneakers for Jack and Lucy. Didn't find that, but I did find the CUTEST SWIMSUIT for Lucy - and a super cute price too, $6). She had lots of fun modeling it for me when we got home.

Check out this girl:





By the way, if you're curious what I looked like as a child, just look at this picture. I swear Lucy looks like my twin!



Look at this tummy! :-) She's been eating a TON lately! Growth spurt for sure! Her 2T clothes hardly fit her anymore.


Check out the "modeling"! LOL! I didn't encourage her to do anything specific at all, either... this was all on her own. I just told her I wanted to take some pictures of her. There's such a spirit in this one, I tell ya!


She was having so much fun, she even fell over! LOL!





And a little glimpse into Lucy's favorite activity this week: cutting paper...I let her cut over a trash can, but you can see how effective that is ;-)



Don't want to leave out my cutie-pie, Jack. Here's a snapshot of him as he was enjoying running away from me last night...

And yep, his face is all kinds of dirty...this was just before bath time...thus the reason he was running away from me :-)



Monday Meal Recipe:

This comes from my friend Monica. Super Yummy! Great for a chilly evening, and since there are a few more of those to come this week, this is a good one to try...

Chicken Tortilla Soup
monica wagner

2 skinned and boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1 10 oz package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 14 oz cans chicken broth
1 10 ½ oz can tomato puree
1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chiles
¾ tsp salt
2 tsp
ground cumin
1
tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp
ground black pepper
1
bay leaf

Combine all in crockpot. Cover and cook on High 6 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf.
Serve with
sour cream, tortilla chips, cheese and garnish with fresh cilantro.





4 comments:

  1. I've never been to Play It Again, will have to check it out soon. Lucy just gets prettier and prettier every day (I loved her her little dress and tiara at the party this weekend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I really need to go to both Play It Again and Twice Upon A Time more often. Oh and I have Monica's soup in the crock pot right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable - America's Next Top Model watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little swimsuit! i've never seen one like that before. She's quite the model poser - such a cute girl!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete