Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

7 years!!!!






Today marks Jason's and my seven year anniversary!!! Happy Anniversary, dear!

We celebrated on Friday night, going out to dinner at our favorite restaurant, Surin. For Jason's present, I had a trick up my sleeve. I was giving him a trip to Denver, for us to go to the Great American Beer Festival that's being held Sept 29- Oct 2.

Thanks to an idea from my clever friend Susie, I whipped up my own label, glued it onto an empty beer bottle (because those are more common in our house than toy soldiers strewn across the floor, naked babies next to the toilet (yes, I've even found one there :), or half-stocked diaper bags hanging on hooks in the hallway) and arranged for the waiter at the restaurant to bring the bottle to Jason after he orders his drink.

It was cute when it arrived because as soon as the waiter placed it in front of Jason, his face struck a look of bewilderment, and he just about started to say, "Excuse me, this isn't a Bass Ale," when I prompted him, "Read the label!"

And for part two of the surprise, we met our friends Josh and Rebecca, out for drinks at Mason's. Jason got to tell them about his present, and Josh followed up with, "So, what would you say if I told you we've already bought tickets and are coming with you?!?" Jason thought it was awesome!

So, my gift-giving plans went off without a hitch - very cool!

And as for my gift, Jason always sticks with the traditional yearly themes. 7 years is "wool" or "copper." And I love, love, love what he picked out: a cashmere pajama set; but it's a tank top and shorts set, so I can wear it now. I've always wanted something made of cashmere, so it was a great, great gift!

Here's a photo of us, seven years in...




and a fun look back...



1 comment:

  1. I'm sure he was so excited about the trip! He did a great job with your gift too, so luxurious! Love the pics too, you are just as beautiful now as on your wedding day! :)

    ReplyDelete