Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Meals!

Arrived back home in Huntsville at 12:30am last night after horrific delay in Orlando on connecting flight back home from beyond fabulous trip to Key West. (Due to awful weather in, where else but Atlanta-scheduled flight departure of 3:10pm became 8:45pm. Felt bad for myself, being delayed over five hours from kissing and hugging my kiddos, but not nearly as bad as I felt for the mother of two-year-old triplets on our flight. She deserved all the pity in the world. I said many silent prayers for her as we all waited out the five plus hours in the terminal along with the other 4 atlanta flights and their passengers that weren't heading anywhere soon.)

So, in the spirit of a meal that you could throw together with very little effort but get super results (like you'd feel like doing if in my shoes :-), here's a recipe for "Taco Pie." I stole this recipe from my good friend Casey, who thankfully introduced it to me at some point in the last several years.

Casey's Taco Pie (makes 4-6 servings)

1 lb. ground beef
1 12-oz jar chunky salsa
1 C. sweet corn, thawed and drained
3/4 C. mayo
1 tsp. chili powder
2 C. crushed tortilla chips
2 C. monterey jack/colby cheese, shredded

Preheat to 350. Brown meat, drain. Stir in salsa, corn, mayo, and chili powder. Layer 1/2 of each: meat mixture, chips, then cheese in a 2-qt casserole dish. Repeat layers. Bake 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top w/ shredded lettuce and chopped tomoatoes, sour cream, etc. if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment