Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday Meals: grainy mashed potatoes and brownie tart

Okay, lots of holiday meals will be prepared this week for Christmas-Yummy!

And because a holiday meal is not the time to try a new recipe you don't know how will turn out, I'm including two fail-safe, tried-and-true recipes (and videos to watch showing how to prepare it) that I've made at least a dozen times now. You'll love it!

Here's a side and dessert for your holiday meal (But I make these all the time for any occasion :-)

Grainy Mashed Potatoes (Tyler Florence, Food Network)

And click here, and SELECT CHOICE #2 if you want to see the video of this recipe being prepared by Florence...

Brownie Tart (Ina Garten, Food Network)

And click here and select CHOICE #2 if you want to see the video of this recipe being prepared by Garten...

Happy Cooking! Let me know if you try it and how you like it! ;-)

Switching gears, I had an awesomely lucky morning in which we managed to get a pretty darn cute christmas card pic of the kids out in the snow. We waited until everything was absolutely ready, they were perfectly coifed, and the camera was set, then we plopped them down and snapped about 15 quick pics. They were both cooperating so wonderfully, and then Lucy stuck her hand deep into the snow. Jack followed suit, and three seconds later, we had two wailing kids...

"Hope we got a good one!" I muttered, and we hurried inside to warm up by the fire.

And miracles of miracles, it turned out we had several good photos to choose from. No need to try round #2. Wrote our messages, stuffed the pictures, and I dropped them off at the post office just a bit ago!

Sign, sealed, and delivered!

And we found out Lucy is old enough for ski school-AWESOME! There's a program for kiddos two and a half to four years old that meets 9-3. Can't wait to get her enrolled. We think she'll love it! I'll be sure to post about how it goes -- should provide some good stories, no doubt!

Merry Christmas!






Brownie Tart (Ina Garten, Food Network)

No comments:

Post a Comment