Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

in case your curious...

A picture Jason took yesterday





view from up top :-)


trail map...

I headed out today for my first day on the slopes -- it was awesome! I got my "ski legs" back with ease, much to my surprise. I went out this morning by myself while Jason watched the kids. Solitude is so very nice, especially when it's just me and the mountain. At one point I was actually a little nervous, for I found myself the single, solitary skier headed down a run. For a moment, I wondered if I had accidentally gotten myself off the beaten path. But the ski tracks ahead of me must mean something, right? ;-)

Another great thing about skiing alone is that you get to meet and chat up folks while you're on the chair lift. One time I was with some young snowboarders who were cursing like sailors and taking swigs of some kind of alcohol out of a flask. Even offered me some...I went up with another snowboarder another time, and she cursed like a sailor too. Maybe there's something to the stereotype of snowboarders being a little "punkish..." who knows? :-)

Jason joined me after lunch while the kids took their nap, and it was so much fun to ski with him. We really enjoyed our time together, and now that I can keep up with him on the slopes it's even more fun.

I'm already feeling the soreness set in, despite the tylenol I took BEFORE I headed out (and despite the Fat Tire I consumed as soon as we got home ;-). But, it's all worth it; I forget how much fun skiing is until I get out there and do it.

The Olympic Trials are taking place; started today and continue tomorrow. It's super fun to watch!

If you're considering planning a ski trip, I highly recommend here...It's super family-friendly (although you could blow some serious money keeping your kids entertained with kids' ski school :-), it's far enough away from Denver (3 hours) that you don't get heavy crowds of day-trippers. I haven't had to wait at a ski lift yet :-), and the mountain is fantastic for skiing. Check out the website for more info if you're curious.

Merry 'almost' Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment