Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Friday, December 4, 2009

How can you be generous today?

Huntsville friends (and maybe elsewhere), arriving in your mailbox today are two charity envelopes asking for your donations to help feed a homeless person this holiday season.

A meal for the homeless is less than two dollars, so I encourage you to take note of the envelope and give two minutes of your time and two dollars (want to give more?!? even better!) to help someone less fortunate then you.

And don't forget about Toys for Tots this season...there are collection bins located in several places around town-- I even noticed one at Little Gym this morning. As you're out picking up gifts from "Santa," why not pick up one extra toy to donate for children not as lucky as our little ones...

"You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. This service that you preform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God." -2 Corinthians 9:11-12 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment