Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Time

There's never enough of it, right?  I know it's one of my biggest struggles - fitting in everything I want to do.  One of my favorite books to browse through is "Lists to Live By."  Just yesterday I came across this list and thought there were some really good points; I'll share a few of my favorite.  Perhaps it will be a helpful guideline for you too.

"Taking Control of Your Time"

1.  Remember who's in charge.  Time is something you manage, not something that manages you.  Learn to think through each time committment in its entirety.  Buy yourself time to think by asking, "Can I let you know tomorrow?"

*Love this one because it's just so darn easy to let our days fill up with busyness, only to come to the end of the day and realize that you didn't get around to something you really wanted to do, whatever that might have been.  It's all about prioritizing what's important to you.  To protect ourselves from mindless busyness, we just need to take charge.

In that vein, this one follows:

2.  Schedule in reverse.  Put the real priorities on the calendar first - family picnic or date night.  Then, write in everything else. 

*Our pastor spoke a wonderful message about this topic and how it relates to our relationship and intimacy with God.  Whether it's God, family, or a hobby - whatever your priority is - if you put it first, you can make sure it gets done!

3.  Get your spouse's perspective.  Ask your mate to comment on how you're using your time and what seems to be robbing you of your time.

*LOVE this one.  What a wonderful source to seek wisdom from, right?  :)

Have a great day! -Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment