Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Monday, December 6, 2010

getting that darn xmas card picture!


Last week, I attempted to take a picture of Jack and Lucy together for our annual card. And instead of "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth," for me I just wanted Jack to SIT STILL and/or LOOK AT ME. ;-) My goodness, he is wiggly ;-)


Once I realized that my goal of one picture of the TWO of them was going to be pretty impossible to get, I started snapping individual photos - Lucy was hamming it up - no surprise, and I got some great shots of her. I figured I'do a collage of several photos of each kid individually.


Getting a decent (I was really just aiming for decent; I had no hopes of getting any "great" ones of mr. always-on-the-go ;-) shot of Jack proved so difficult. I decided to take a break, and we went over to Katherine's house to let the kids play together. I brought my camera and followed Jack around, trying to capture a few face shots. Got some; good enough ;-)


I found a fun layout on Costco's photo website which had six photo openings, which worked perfectly. I uploaded the pics, ordered the cards, and I'm mailing out the cards this week. But in the meantime, here are some pictures that didn't make the card...


















and my favorite, "non photo"...yes, thanks kids, that works just great... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment