Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Too much Fancy Nancy?

I love that Lucy enjoys this fun character, "Fancy Nancy," and is really into the fun stories and books in this series. In each book, Nancy uses several "fancy" words, and the last page of each story (in the "I Can Read" series) teaches around 10 fancy words that were used. Words like "delectable," "interesting," and "exhausted" to name a few.

And of course, she is still LOVING her bedding Lady and Papa gave her at Christmas:

So, just a cute, quick story to share...

I was putting Lucy down for nap yesterday, and she asked me, "Mommy, what does 'glorious' mean?"

I replied, "Well, it's like wonderful, or really beautiful. Like a bright, sunny day or a beautiful piece of nature can be 'glorious.'"

A brief pause, followed by her precious comment, "Well, Mommy...I. AM. GLORIOUS!"

Three-year-olds...precious!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! It breaks my heart she got sick right after this post. :( Hope she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete