Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fun with popsicles!

Just a regular afternoon...add some popsicles, and it's immediately special!  :)





ooh, the intensity...popsicle eating is no joke!  :)  takes concentration :)


now onto play...this girl ADORES her little brother!




Lucy's current favorite hairstyle...she asks for me to put one side up and one side braided.  I have absolutely no idea where she got the idea, but it's classic Lucy!  I love it!


Doesn't everything just look so timeless in black and white!?!






"Mommy, can I climb up to the top and you take my picture?!?"

Notice the festive attire!  I pulled out all of Lucy's fall clothes for this season, and since last week she has worn nothing other than her velvet Christmas dresses.  So, I stand corrected, Barbara...  Apparently a girl does need many formal Christmas dresses :) 



And another new thing...Lucy has learned to tie her shoes - thanks completely to the wonderful caretaker at SportsMed, Amanda.  One night, I dropped Lucy off to go to zumba, and when I picked her up, she had learned how.  Lucy insists on tying her own shoes, but often, she tromps around on the loose laces  :) 

It's wonderful to experience the positive side effects of her own blossoming independence.  She dresses herself (clearly :) every morning before she comes downstairs, and my favorite thing she does on her own now is taking her own showers.  It's a very close second to how awesome it was when she started going to the bathroom on her own!  :)

My parents like to poke fun at me for being such a follower of John Rosemond's theories on child-rearing, but like he says - and I firmly believe, too - parenting - the hard, demanding components - is all about "working yourself out of a job."  I LOVE that Lucy is doing such a great job at taking some of the things off my job description and adding them to her own list.  Way to go, Lucy!  Mommy really appreciates the breathing room :)






Just a few more of cutie Connor!


No comments:

Post a Comment