Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Friday, August 20, 2010

First Day of School!

If you live anywhere near me, you probably heard my shouts of joy on Tuesday morning as I took Lucy and Jack to their new school for Mom's Morning Out! It's been a long summer without MMO...

Ask any SAHMom, and they'll tell you they adore the special times they get to share with their kids at home, but they'll also likely tell you that sending the kids to school which, in turns, creates some valuable variety to the daily routine is also something they adore. Probably none so more than I do... ;-)

Lucy and Jack went to school last year at Faith Presbyterian, a school we loved. But this year, we're trying out a program a little - well, a lot, actually - closer to home. It's a four minute drive! New Salem is where they now attend; Jack on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Lucy Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays - 9-1pm. And with this pregnancy, this is a break I love; and Wednesdays are special too because it's time for just me and Jack to spend together, which he rarely gets alone time with either parent because of "everybody-look-at-me-big-sister," Lucy.

Jack and Lucy were a bit too excited Tuesday morning to sit still for many photos - well, Jack is NEVER still - but here are a few pics I was able to snap:





r
"Which one is mine?"

I couldn't even get Jack to look at me for a picture once he found his classroom's trucks and cars! He wasn't nervous for a moment!


I'm thrilled Lucy and Audrey remain so close and are in the same class again this year. Lucy arrived before Audrey, and a rare occurrence happened: Lucy got nervous! She clung to my hand, and I think a few tears were about to spring forth, had Audrey not arrived just in time. Immediately, all fears subsided, and Lucy and Audrey were off to play with the baby dolls!

I love the "Quiet Zone" sign on the wall - yeah, good luck with that Mrs. Melody! LOL! ;-p


Happy School year 2010-'11 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment