Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Even "Nicer" Husband

My last post was all about how wonderful my friends and family have been during this time where I'm really struggling with the pregnancy nausea. People have watched my kids, called to check on me - thanks nurse molly!, brought dinners, just gone above and beyond.

But I'd be leaving out the most helpful person yet, if I didn't spotlight Jason here for a minute. (Not that'd he want it, but I want him to know how much I appreciate it. Not just a spoken "thank you" but a little mention on my blog ;-)

He has totally stepped up to fill in all the roles that I used to perform more effectively. He lets me say in bed each weekend morning, while he rises with the kids - sometimes at 6:30 (sleep, Jack, geez! ;-), gets them dressed, feeds them breakfast, and even cleans up.

He comes home from work, strips off his tie, and gets right down on the ground with the kids (literally) to let them squeal and jump all over him - which beyond being helpful, is just so wonderful to watch! ;-)

He's gone in to work late, come home early, sacrificed his Fridays off to be Mr. Mom. He'll cook dinner, clean up, basically he just does whatever needs being "done" and it is just so very helpful to me, I just want to say THANK YOU, Jason. Love you! I hope I can serve you just as much sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment