Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Grill Party!

Let's get a big group together to do this!  I GRILL because I CARE.

I love the CARE Center, just a few minutes south of us in New Hope, AL.  If you're not shopping their thrift store, you're missing out!  (Great stuff!  Really well maintained store, easy to find things!)

Also, with the start of school just around the corner, I encourage you to think about getting your family involved in Bags of Blessings.  A large percentage of students at New Hope and Owens Cross Roads schools are on free and reduced lunch.  But when they go home on Friday, they do not have anything at home to eat over the weekend.  Let that soak in.  Can you imagine your child just not eating all weekend?  Sad reality. 

It's super easy to get involved in this.  I've done it before with the kids; super simple.  You can bring food (food list on link), and plan to go to a "packing time."  (I just checked the schedule, and nothing is listed yet, but with the start of school almost here, I'm sure it will be posted soon.)


No comments:

Post a Comment