Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Encouragement

I'm spending some lovely quiet time in study with the unit our CGroup is currently doing, Real Marriage.  I can not say enough how transformational this series has been for our marriage.  It's just awesome.

Anyhow, Jason and I complete and discuss lots of homework together, but there are also individual questions that we reflect on individually as a wife or husband.  In responding to my question of, "Who does God say that you are" I found such encouragement in this one particular scripture, so I thought I'd share :)

Proverbs 31:  25 - 27 says that as a wife, I am, "clothed with strength and dignity; I can laugh at the days to come.  I speak with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on my tongue.  I watch over the affairs of my household and do not eat at the bread of idleness." (I changed the "she" to "I" because I think it's even more powerful to insert our own identity.)

This is so encouraging to me.  I need only tap into the Spirit given to me by Him, and I can be all these things.  Talk about empowering!  

No comments:

Post a Comment