Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Argh!!!!

Well, this has just been one of those days that I benefited from repeating over and over to myself, "This is something I get to do, not something I have to do." 

Remember those blow up, weighted down, punching character tube-like things?  Well, that was me, and my kids just took turns all day knocking me till I bled. 

Jack broke into random whiny wailing no less than four times an hour, Lucy ran her sassy mouth constantly (I mean, there was literally nothing I said that she didn't have some counter argument/position/comment that she just had to share.  At one point in the car, I pulled over, turned around, and instructed to repeat what I prompted her to say.  Which was:  "I am six years old.  And I am NOT the boss."), and oh yeah, Connor went outside alone and took a walk down the street by himself.

Jason had golf league and wouldn't be home until after bedtime.  At 4:30, I decided to go back to the gym for a second round of exercising, because, after all, going to the gym means dropping them off in Playcare - where at least a paid employee has to listen to them!  Hitting the pool for some hard swimming followed by the relaxing sauna was just what I needed.  And we ended the day on a better note (well, after bathing all three, which is a massive, soggy undertaking.)

A little treat for surviving the day, I'm listening to some new tunes ("Jesus Paid It All" an oldie, but goodie), about to read, and go to bed EARLY.  Whoo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment