Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Second Opinoin

Received a second opinion on my knee today.  It was the same as the first opinion.  Can't say I was surprised.  Looks like if I want to have any kind of active life, avoid total knee replacement at age 40, and keep arthritis from advancing, I have to have surgery.

But, I can appreciate what Dr. Garrard said to me this morning as I was grumbling about how in the world being on crutches and not bearing any weight for 6 weeks works with three children 5 and under, he remarked, "Well, you'll tough it out.  Remember, it's not your heart, your head, or your lungs."

Yes, things could certainly be worse...I have my health, mostly :)

1 comment:

  1. When things get tough I try and remember that things could be a LOT worse. Still, it does suck. Hugs Kelly! I'll be glad to help any way I can.

    ReplyDelete