Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Quick Visit to Atlanta

The kids are on Fall Break this week, so my friend Tiffany and I loaded up our crew and headed to Atlanta to see Lady, enjoy a change of scenery, and check out the Children's Museum.

Upon arriving, they had to check out Uncle Ryan's drum set...



And Uncle Ryan even came from UGA to see the kids! We love Uncle Ryan!


In the morning, we ate breakfast together...


And then we headed out to the museum...






Lucy and Audrey especially loved the great play kitchen they had set up:



They even participated in the music show!


Fishing was a favorite activity, and Tiffany and I just loved the little raincoats that were provided!





And we painted...

played in the sand...



Claire even ate the sand; it was time for lunch!


We had a great time in Atlanta, but I think Audrey got her fill of best friend, Lucy. The girls slept in the same room - it had two twin beds. Audrey was ready to call it a day, but Lucy simply could not keep her mouth shut. Here is one of many dialogues I heard while standing outside their door, debating how to handle my chatter-box child:

Lucy: "Audrey? Audrey!? Audrey!!!!!"

Audrey: "Lucy, I"m trying to go to sleep..."

Lucy: "But, Audrey, I'm talking to you. Audrey?"

No Answer...

Figuring she'll try another form of communication - perhaps Audrey would like a song...

Lucy, singing loudly: "Lullaby, and good night, in the sky stars are bright...

Touched by her sweet attempt to sing to Audrey, I did let her finish the song - she sang three verses! geez! - but then I went in to tell Lucy to pipe down. She did not give up easily, and it was several rounds of this, both girls getting to bed late each night. So, among other things, we learned Lucy can not sleep with anyone else in the room, unless they want to stay up for hours listening to her sing. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment