Welcome to Kelly Martin's Blog! Here I share my stories from my blessed life as a wife to a super-talented man, Jason, mom to my precious kids, Lucy, Jack, and Connor, and friend to my amazing girlfriends who inspire me every day!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

House Projects

I have lots of cute pics coming of things we've been doing as a family, but here are some recent "pinterest" inspired projects I did:


This is on our kitchen wall. The idea came from the fact that I had two large picture frames from which the glass had broken. So, I needed to do something that didn't need a glass covering. I also wanted to challenge myself to keep the project under $20 and use materials I had around the house. The only new items were the "take it or leave it" kitchen rules plaque at the top and the polka dotted fabric I used as a background.

Perhaps the most creative thing here was the use of the two "mixing whisks" and broken handled wooden spoon. They had been sitting in the kitchen drawer for ages. (Very odd since we didn't have a kitchen mixer that the whisks fit :) Until now...thanks, Mom, for the new hand mixer :)



And in the hall bathroom, I used fabric and burlap that we already had to make a personalized wreath (already had the wreath as well.)

I made the "M" out of cardboard, wrapped it in packing material and then covered it with the red polka-dotted fabric.

It's the perfect "rustic" accent to the tree mural I made.


So, I saw this tree with the family of birds sold as a decal on Pinterest. I decided I could make a much larger one on my own and give myself a fun project to work on. I've never fancied myself a painter or artist of any kind (crafty, yes, but painter? no), and I figured if I royally screwed it up, it'd be simple enough to paint over :) But I quite like how it turned out. The kids were super excited to help me paint the tree (they did the trunk) and it was fun creating ourselves as little birdies perched on the branch.


I'm the skinnier big bird :)


Love do-it-yourself cheap projects!


No comments:

Post a Comment