Recently, some new bible study groups were started through our church, and I joined the group studying, "Lord, Change My Attitude." We're four or so weeks into it, and this morning's discussion focused on replacing a "complaining" attitude with that of "gratitude."
I wanted to share this quote that was in our study guide; it's so great - really take in each component...
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, bring peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melody Beattie
Not sure who Melody Beattie is, but she sure is smart ;-)!
So, to better discipline myself to show gratitude instead of griping about what I wish I could change, wish I had, yada yada, I'm going to make a quick list of things that come to mind I'm grateful for - big and small, in a random list...
1. plenty of food in the pantry and fridge
2. two beautiful, mostly well-behaved kids and our one on the way
3. a great experience at the ultrasound yesterday, revealing a properly forming baby
4. having a wonderfully supportive and loving husband
5. having a husband who works hard so I can stay at home
6. both my parents are still living, and they're very involved and interested in my life and well-being
7. two brothers who provided lots of fun growing up ;-)
8. I got to go to college
9. Fall weather!!!!!!!!!!!
10. financial security
11. a cozy home
12. an awesome church
13. sincere, trustworthy, caring friends
15. my minivan which opens its own doors ;-)
16. cleaning help
17. jack's ability to say lots of words, which makes communicating with him so much easier than it was a month ago.
18. my family's house we get to ski at in the winters
19. in- laws, who are GREAT!
20. lots of extended family members
21. nap time when both the kids are asleep
22. really good suggestions and advice from friends
23. silly tv shows which are oh so entertaining to me
24. my dog
25. Food Network
Seems a good place to stop, as I need to grab dinner out of the oven.
What are you grateful for...take a minute and write a comment...it really keeps things in perspective!